Pacik Glass Dilators (available as a set of 3 dilators (#4, #5, #6) or as 6 individual dilators)
Vaginal dilation is an integral part of vaginismus treatment. This technique has been used for over a hundred years. For the less severe cases of vaginismus dilation can be a “stand alone” technique in the treatment of vaginismus. When dilation is part of the more comprehensive Botox program to treat vaginismus, it is highly effective in helping women overcome vaginismus.
The Pacik Glass Dilators, have been custom designed specifically for the needs of our patients. Based in part on feedback from patients, along with out attention to detail, we have been able to create a product superior to any that is currently available. With the ultimate goal of being able to transition from dilator to intercourse, it is our belief that these dilators are an important, as well as comfortable, tool in reaching your goal.
The Pacik Glass Dilators are similar sizes in circumference to the Pure Romance line of dilators but half the length (approximately 3.5 inches or 88.9 mm). The ergonomic “hat” shaped design at the end allows the dilator to sit comfortably against the vulva without the discomfort of the protruding disc against the inner thighs. These are two of the important differences between the Pure Romance dilators and the Pacik Glass Dilators. Sleeping is also easier with these dilators. These dilators are custom made for Dr. Pacik’s patients with medical-grade tempered Borosilicate (Pyrex) glass to make dilation more comfortable. The Pacik Glass Dilators are easy to insert, easy to clean, and fit comfortably. They are stored in a fashionable black satin bag.
It is much easier to be mobile (one patient wrote how she went shopping while wearing her glass dilators) and therefore allows for longer more comfortable periods of dilation.
Availability of the Pacik Glass Dilators: The Pacik Glass Dilators are available in sets of three dilators (#4, #5, #6). The Pacik Glass Dilators are similar in size to the Pure Romance Vaginal Dilators (#4, #5 and #6). A smaller #3 dilator and a larger #7 and #8 dilator is also individually available. The #7 and/or #8 glass dilator is ideal for transitioning to intercourse when the partner is larger than the #6 dilator.
Set of 3 dilators (#4, #5, #6) = $160.00
Individual dilators: #3 (XS) = $43.00; #4 (S) = $57.00; #5 (M) = $62.00; #6 (L) = $68.00; #7 (XL) = $74.00; #8 (XXL) = $82.00 (there is an extra fee for shipping on all glass dilators
The Pacik Glass Dilators are available with the following circumferences:
# 3 Dilator = 2.5 inches or 63.5 mm (length = 3.5 inches)
# 4 Dilator = 3.25 inches or 82.55 mm (length = 3.5 inches)
# 5 Dilator = 4 inches or 101.6 mm (length = 3.5 inches)
# 6 Dilator = 5 inches or 127 mm (length = 3.5 inches)
# 7 Dilator = 5.5 inches or 139.7 mm (length = 3.5 inches)
# 8 Dilator = 6.25 inches or 158.75 mm (length = 3.5 inches)
Made of tempered glass (similar to Pyrex) they are resistant to breakage, though care needs to be taken to avoid dropping them in the sink of floor. Routine care is needed to prevent scratching the surface.
The following Care Guidelines for the glass dilators are recommended.
These dilators are made with medical-grade tempered Borosilicate (Pyrex) glass, which is known for its superior durability as well as chemical and heat resistance qualities. Although they are highly resistant to breakage, routine care should be taken when washing and storing your dilators. If these dilators are dropped and do break, they fracture into large pieces rather than shattering into small pieces. While more resistant to thermal shock (sudden changes in temperature) than other types of glass, borosilicate glass can still break when subject to rapid or uneven temperature variations.
- A case is enclosed for storage. It is recommended that you use this case, as it will protect your dilators when not in use. Avoid anything that can scratch the dilators.
- When cleaning your dilators, it is recommended that your sink be lined with a facecloth to avoid any accidents due to them slipping out of your hand. A facecloth will help to “cushion” the fall lowering the risk of them breaking or cracking.
- Hot water can be used to clean your dilators but it is recommended that you avoid any strong shifts in water temperature. Do not go from a very hot water wash to cold water for rinsing. Keeping the water temperature constant will reduce the chance of breaking or cracking.
- To dry your dilators we recommended that you place them on a towel. This will allow the moisture to be absorbed while providing a “slip-proof surface”. Although tapered at the end, there is still the possibility that they can roll.
- These dilators are not guaranteed against breakage. Replacements are available at a fee.
Contact Us for More Information
For more information or to order the Pacik Glass Dilators, please contact us through our on-line contact form.